Hugh Laurie says House\'s limp really does cause him pain.

Home » Bizarre world » Hugh Laurie says House's limp really does cause him pain.

Hugh Laurie says House's limp really does cause him pain.

Hugh Laurie has to adopt a trademark limp for the role of Dr Gregory House. His character takes pain relief (vicodin), to which he is addicted, because of the pain of his leg.

However pretending he has a limp really is causing him pain. The solution? They should just give him real vicodin, for the real pain he feels when he plays House :-)

“The show might last to series seven, eight or nine but I don’t know if I will,” he said last night, “because I’m starting to lose my knees a little bit.

“It’s a lot of hip work. There’s things going badly wrong. I need to do yoga.”

The 50-year-old star, a winner of two Golden Globes and just nominated for his third Best Actor Emmy, is about to launch the sixth series of what has become the most watched television drama.

More than 80million ­people tune in every week to follow the cantankerous, cane-wielding ­clinician as he unravels medical mysteries.

Laurie, the son of a doctor, was best known in Britain for his roles in Jeeves And Wooster and the Blackadder series before “almost falling into” House after a haphazard video audition in a tiny bathroom while filming Flight Of The Phoenix in Namibia.

His performance was so convincing that he was taken for an American actor.

“I have no idea why people like House so much and I am almost too superstitious to ask the question,” said Laurie.

“I don’t know. I feel as if someone’s going to blow a whistle at any moment and say, ‘Right, that’s it. This is all a big mistake. We meant the other guy, the other show.’

However, success has come at a price. The actor is often lonely and homesick for his family in Britain.

“We can finish filming between midnight and 4am. Then I’m straight back to bed. It’s not really a life, actually.

http://dailyexpress.co.uk/p...
By netchicken: posted on 21-9-2009

Hugh Laurie says House\'s limp really does cause him pain. | [Login ]