Kangaroo punches out jogger - Australian wildlife really does hate the humans

Home » Bizarre world » Kangaroo punches out jogger - Australian wildlife really does hate the humans

Kangaroo punches out jogger - Australian wildlife really does hate the humans

Australia has gained a reputation for unprovoked violence recently, but now even the wildlife are getting into the act. A kangaroo punched out a runner.

Jogging up Mt Ainslie during his lunch break on Thursday, 25-year-old David Striegl was king-hit from nowhere by a kangaroo and knocked unconscious and he has a black eye to prove it.

The Macgregor man told The Canberra Times yesterday he did not see the boxing kangaroo coming until it was too late.
... Quote:
I was jogging along, then I heard something I didn't know what it was coming at me from my left side.

I turned around and the kangaroo had a swipe at me, and scratched me across the face. Then it threw a punch, I guess, and collected me on my right side, so I'm sporting a black eye now.
Mr Striegl had been jogging alongside the road, and a passing motorist tended to him as he regained consciousness.

Mr Striegl estimated he was only unconscious for a few seconds and the motorist drove him to the hospital, where he was given a tetanus shot and discharged.

Battered but not beaten, Mr Striegl was back at work yesterday, but already his close encounter with the furred kind had earned the corporate real estate worker the nicknames ''Skippy'' and ''Skip'' from his colleagues at United Group Limited in Civic.

Mr Striegl said the whole episode was a bit of a blur, but it appeared the roo lined him up.

''It appeared to come after me, so whether I disturbed what it was doing or it had a joey around, I wouldn't have a clue.''

Mr Striegl expects ribbing from his footy mates today, with the story already going global.

http://www.canberratimes.co...

runner-kangaroo.jpg - 26.89kb
By netchicken: posted on 20-3-2010

Kangaroo punches out jogger - Australian wildlife really does hate the humans | [Login ]