Why America needs the metric system - American Chopper tries to understand Imperial video

Home » Online videos » Why America needs the metric system - American Chopper tries to understand Imperial video
More Online Videos

Why America needs the metric system - American Chopper tries to understand Imperial video

If there is any reason for America to use the metric system, this video of American Chopper trying to work out measurements in Imperial gives a good case. The actual dimensions are 140mm and 180mm.

As someone notes succinctly
... Quote:
When anyone tells me that the metric system is too complicated I tell them: At sea level water freezes at 0 degrees and boils at 100.

A cube 10cm per side holds 1 liter of water and weighs 1 kilogram. A milliliter of water weighs 1 gram.

We can go from millimeters to centimeters to meters to kilometers (same with weights and volumes) all with factors of 10. Now give me all those measurements in Imperial units, off the top of your head. From Reddit

By netchicken: posted on 21-6-2010

Why America needs the metric system - American Chopper tries to understand Imperial video | [Login ]