Windows 7/ 8 - How to see your battery stats on your laptop and what the Full Charge Capacity of your battery is.

Home » Science & Technology » Windows 7/ 8 - How to see your battery stats on your laptop and what the Full Charge Capacity of your battery is.

Windows 7/ 8 - How to see your battery stats on your laptop and what the Full Charge Capacity of your battery is.

Here is a neat way to check how your battery is going in your laptop. Handy to see how much capacity it has left, and if it needs to be replaced. This may be only for Windows 8, I haven't tested it on other machines.

Create a text file on your desktop.
Open it and add the following code, just cut and paste it in.

cd %TEMP%
powercfg /batteryreport
battery-report.html

Change the name to battery.bat, so it becomes a bat file.

Right click on the file and run as administrator.

Voila! Heaps of really good battery stats. Its worth it just to see how your battery is degrading,

For example my battery now holds 51,508 mWh Full Charge Capacity from a max of 55,000 mWh Design Capacity, after about a year.

Something I would use if I was buying a second hand laptop.

More information here http://technet.microsoft.co...
By netchicken: posted on 27-10-2013

Here is another interesting report, all on energy usage in your laptop.

Just make a bat file as above and add the following:

cd %TEMP%
powercfg /energy
energy-report.html

It returns back a "Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report" that shows 'errors' on your system such as the following which are part of it. As I have an SSD drive some of the errors are not relevant.

There are a ton of other warnings and recommendations as well.

Power Policy:Sleep timeout is disabled (On Battery)
The computer is not configured to automatically sleep after a period of inactivity.

Power Policy:Disk idle is disabled (On Battery)
The disk is not configured to turn off after a period of disk inactivity.

Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance (On Battery)
The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes.

Power Policy:PCI Express ASPM is disabled (On Battery)
The current power policy for PCI Express Active State Power Management (ASPM) is configured to Off.

Power Policy:Power Plan Personality is High Performance (Plugged In)
The current power plan personality is High Performance when the system is plugged in.

Power Policy:Sleep timeout is disabled (Plugged In)
The computer is not configured to automatically sleep after a period of inactivity.

Power Policy:Disk idle is disabled (Plugged In)
The disk is not configured to turn off after a period of disk inactivity.

Here is another hnt for people running SSD drives on their laptops.

... Quote:
Windows 8 Protip: "powercfg.exe /hibernate /size 50" in an elevated command prompt for the best Windows 8 experience on machines running SSDs or small OS-dedicated partitions, particularly with high amounts of RAM.

It'll keep the Hibernation file that W8 uses to boot up so quickly from bloating too much by limiting its size to 50% that of your RAM (typically sets itself to roughly 75% by default), preserving both your snappy start-up times and your precious gigabytes.

https://www.facebook.com/Ge...

SSD-hbernate.PNG - 6.56kb

Windows 7/ 8 - How to see your battery stats on your laptop and what the Full Charge Capacity of your battery is. | [Login ]