The 3rd Industrial revolution is about to hit - Rise of the machines - insightful article.

Home » Science & Technology » The 3rd Industrial revolution is about to hit - Rise of the machines - insightful article.

The 3rd Industrial revolution is about to hit - Rise of the machines - insightful article.

Its easy to dismiss fearful writings about the future as scaremongering, however this is no mere hack, Nouriel Roubini is famous for his economic predictions coming true.

Read the article, its important for your kids.

http://www.roubinisedge.com...

... Quote:
... I decided to speak about the microchip—because the microchip may well replace the human race.

Yes, I’m being intentionally provocative here: but it isn’t just because of my nickname (“Dr. Doom”) that I’ve chosen to find the dark shadow in the silver lining of technical progress.

A few weeks ago, Stephen Hawking, the greatest astrophysicist of our time, gave a provocative speech of his own: Hawking suggested that humans should start thinking about colonizing other planets, because eventually artificial intelligence and robots will replace the human race.

It may sound crazy now—but what seems crazy today may not sound so crazy 25, 50, or 100 years from now.
By netchicken: posted on 10-12-2014

The 3rd Industrial revolution is about to hit - Rise of the machines - insightful article. | [Login ]